Votes
Keith Hoffman II
  • Pittston, PA
Votes |
ISO Tax & Legal Professionals

Keith Hoffman II
  • Pittston, PA
Posted Mar 2 2024, 18:05

Reaching out to the BP community for  recommendations of tax and legal professionals close to my area specializing in real estate investing.  Services I am looking to get help with are business entity creation, tax planning, asset protection and tax prep.   Have been considering firms like KKOS Lawyers (Mark Kohler) and Anderson Business Advisors ( Clint Coons) but would prefer a local firm.  Appreciate your suggestions. TYIA.

User Stats

Votes
Sean O'Keefe
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 2 2024, 18:10

Nevada Corporate Headquarters (NCH)

User Stats

Votes
Keith Hoffman II
  • Pittston, PA
Votes |
  • Pittston, PA
Replied Mar 2 2024, 18:44

@Sean O'Keefe Thanks for the recommendation.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Jensen
Tax & Financial Services
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 3 2024, 07:31

Hey @Keith Hoffman II

Given we are accountants, we cannot promote our services on BP as its against the rules.

To help in your search:

be sure to find an accountant who is willing to grow with you, and is not too high priced fee-wise. Not too low either, you don't want to go with someone who is just focused on price as this is a quality of a not-so-great accountant. Accountants are in such demand, that the best are not even accepting clients half the time.

The other problem I see often with accountants on here is that they specialize in larger investors, and have really high prices when you as a smaller investor do not need all the bells and whistles.

Another thing I see is folks thinking they need to have a tax professional in their state. We as a firm have investors working with us who have rental properties all over the US big and small.

Finding a real estate-focused tax professional and one who can help with advisory and grow with you would be my suggestion to focus your efforts on finding. Best of luck in your search!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Davidson
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Morgantown, WV
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Morgantown, WV
Replied Mar 3 2024, 08:14

Hi @Keith Hoffman II,

I am a Certified Public Accountant and a real estate investor/property manager with a 16-unit complex in Wheeling, WV (originally from NJ nearer to you). My company Stag Advisors provides bookkeeping, tax services, and business consulting, and my experience in real estate allows me to serve your needs exactly. We can help with your business and personal taxes, and provide you with business consulting work to assist you in formation, guide you on real estate asset protection and tax planning, as I have recently done all of the same for my business.

Please reach out and allow us to help you accomplish your goals. (304) 413-7824

Stag Advisors Logo

User Stats

Votes
Keith Hoffman II
  • Pittston, PA
Votes |
  • Pittston, PA
Replied Mar 3 2024, 09:50

@Joshua Davidson thank you