Skip to content
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Rick Bradd
  • Real Estate Lender
  • Pt Hueneme, CA
Votes |
SDIRA buying partial note payment stream?

Rick Bradd
  • Real Estate Lender
  • Pt Hueneme, CA
Posted Nov 4 2014, 15:53

General question about the "leftover" funds in my SDIRA. Say I have made some investments secured by a deed and a promissory note and I have some leftover funds sitting idle in my IRA account, earning basically nothing. For arguments sake lets say $5,000.

I read a post recently about a note investor looking to raise capital by selling a years worth of his note payments at a discount. It made me think that might be a good way to put my "leftover" cash to work in another short term investment, that might make a decent yield.

I checked with my IRA custodians website and did not see anything relative, before I reach out to them and ask if its even allowed I thought I might put it out here and see if anyone has done this, or better yet, if someone has a better investment vehicle to put small amounts to work?

If this is an allowed transaction, how would it be secured? I know my custodian will charge me for monthly deposits made to my account, but it is not much of a fee, and it would be better than letting it ride earning nothing.

Appreciate any feedback,

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Loading replies...