how much do you set aside for taxes?

how much do you set aside for taxes?

Peoria, IL · Member since 2013 · 967 posts · 383 votes

i know some investors probablyevery month calculate how much tax they will owe on april 15.

anyone have good rule of thumb?   like 25% of gross rent? 

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    11y

    I use a software (purposefully not mentioning name due to potential bp rule breaking as I've plenty of those) that calculates my estimate tax payments for the following year and I can print coupons out as reminders with the amount. It can be quarterly or monthly. If you go over its a definite refund but even if you fall a bit short you should still be ok and may just have to add the difference. **Find ways to have expenses as a self-employed taxpayer....

    Kudos,

    Mary 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.