Accountant in Houston

4 Replies

I started flipping and picked up my first rental last year. I need to find a new accountant. I'm looking for someone in Houston, TX. Preferably someone on the West Side. 

@Matt Dowell  

Don't feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us have clients located all over the place. The majority of accounting/CPA tasks can be completed remotely, including preparing and filing tax returns. Consultations and meetings can even be done remotely utilizing a video chat service such as Skype.

Be sure to find an accountant that fits your needs. Some accountants will simply perform accounting/tax services. Others will step it up a notch and provide a "complete package" and really act as a trusted advisor for your business.

If you are set on finding an accountant/CPA local to you, contact your state board: https://www.360taxes.org/CPA/Find-a-CPA-in-Your-State

If you have any questions, or if there is anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi @Matt Dowell ,
I am not accountant myself but i recently switch accountant and can definitely recommend few contacts. Please pm me if you are interested.

I second what @Brandon Hall  said - don't feel compelled to use a local person. I've been using the same Enrolled Agent/CPA since 2006 for my businesses in Calif and my rentals in Indy, as well as my tax needs as a foreign national living abroad. Coincidentally, she has recently relocated her business to TX. If you're interested in her info, send me a message, and I'll forward you her contact info.

Hi Sharon, I am in a similar situation to you in that I have a fair bit of investment activity in the US and also live abroad. Does your CPA also handle bookkeeping? I would love to be in touch with her if you don't mind forwarding her details.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.