• Real Estate Agent
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Is there a super CPA?

Troy Walcott
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Feb 16 2015, 09:41

I purchased my first buy an hold investment property last year.  I'm wondering is there a real difference when it comes to CPA'S.  Is there really a huge benefit to having an astute CPA on my team opposed to going to a box company like H&R Block?  Even from CPA to CPA is there one that can master the manipulation of tax loop holes and the construction of creative tax strategies more than the next?  I mean aren't they all following the same tax law?  I'm paralyzingl myself trying to analyze this stuff because I feel like I need to find the guy who knows to tell me to plant a lemon plant in my backyard so I can claim my property as an agricultural production facility and get a million dollar tax benefit for that year.  Does anyone have any suggestions on questions to ask when interviewing a CPA?  I'm looking for someone patient, will put tax language into dummy terms, works with investors or invest themselves, can give recommend sources of simple education on what I can do from a tax standpoint to improve my business's financial efficiency.

Loading replies...