Alexander Chavez
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
SDI for real estate in Chicago

Alexander Chavez
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Apr 6 2015, 17:38

Hello!

Looking into financing options for a rehab project. One financing option is to partner with my father (turning 62yrs old this year) for this first project. Would like to have this financing option planned/thought out before I find the right home for the project. I will use my current home and take out a line of credit to fund my half. He has some money in a 401K through work and plans on retiring in a few months. He is leaving it up to me to help him with investing his 401K and I feel that Real Estate will generate much larger returns than the stock market. I have been looking into Self directed IRA's so he can roll some of that into to use for RE investments. Any SDI companies anyone here can recommend(hoping for something local-Chicago- where I can actually sit down and talk with the person face to face as there are a ton of IRS rules that will need to be followed)? If not anything local, is there any SDI company you may recommend? Any insight as to if you think this is a good idea or not or what other options you may suggest and why? Also, any good or bad stories you may have on any experiences with this would be great to hear.

Thanks!

Loading replies...