​Property Tax Appeal Allegheny County, PA

​Property Tax Appeal Allegheny County, PA

Butler, PA · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 10 votes

A school district in Allegheny County PA requested an appeal on my property assessment with the county.  Due in fact the much higher price I paid last year vs. the assessed value by the county.     

The current assessed value is $181k.  That was it's sale price in 2011.

In 2014 I purchased the property for $287k.  Hence, why the school district is appealing the  current assessment.  The county has granted a hearing to take place this month.

Obliviously, the price I paid is a major factor.  Is there any strategy to try and take to keep the new assessed value down?  Is there any professional services or legal advisers that are worth paying?    Thanks.

0Reply
10 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.