• Merrillville, IN
Votes |
Affidavit of heirship help

Chavis Atkins
  • Investor
  • Merrillville, IN
Posted Jun 10 2015, 11:22

Hi everybody,

So I have a home I came across that the owner of the home died and he had no will. He also had no children or wife either. All he has is his parents and 2 brothers/1 sister. All of the family want nothing to do with the property here in Merrillville, IN. I looked at another thread concerning Affidavit of Heirship but don't quite understand how it will work when there is no children or wife to the deceased but his siblings and parents. If all agreed for one of the siblings to handle the affairs of the home and I was able to convince the sibling put in charge of the home to deal with it to do a Affidavit of Heirship, can it be done? 

The original plan for the sibling put in charge to handle this home was him and his wife were going to simply let the house rack up in taxes so the city will let it go to tax sale. They don't want to do a probate process or open estate AT ALL. So I want to find a easier way so that me and my partners can buy the home from this sibling put in charge of the home. Will a Affidavit of Heirship work and how do we go about this?

Loading replies...