Asset Protection

1 Reply

HI everyone,

I currently have one single family home investment that is currently under my own name. In the next few months I am planning on purchasing about 5-6 more single families out of state. I have heard different things from different people and am pretty confused in the direction I should take for protecting my assets. My CPA says that at this stage in the game for me all I need is an Umbrella Policy which should be good to cover me with so few investment properties. Others have told me to start an LLC or a Series LLC. I want to make sure I do what is going to protect me in the long run and don't mind spending the money upfront to make sure I make the right decisions for my future. I live in California so the LLC fees and tax charges are pretty high. Is an Umbrella Policy ok for me at this stage or should I go all in with an LLC? I appreciate all of the feedback and help with this!

Just remember that you will probably have to pay the $800 minimum tax for each LLC in a series to CA in addition to whatever you need to pay the other state.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here