I'm Looking for referrals for real estate lawyers that deals with property management not paying out.

20 Replies

Hi all,

I'm Looking for referrals for real estate lawyers that deals with property management not paying out.
I bought a turn key property in Detroit Michigan and Sycamore Property Management 12900 Hall Rd #270, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
(586) 803-3322 Laura [email protected]
is managing the property for me. They collected over $5000 in rent for the past year and my last payout was 08/31/2014. I've tried to call/email them many times but always getting the blow off.

Any help in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Zhen Liang

Contact the board of realtors & State licensing board & file a complaint

$5,000 isn't a lot of money, and it's easy to burn through half of that in legal fees if you're not careful.  Ask around, make some phone calls, do whatever you need to get referrals for a good attorney in that area. But I wouldn't worry about someone that's handled this specific issue before.  Any good civil litigation attorney with experience in business or real estate could handle this.

@Zhen Liang

Board of Realtors will do nothing... you want the state licensing board. you file a complaint with them.. they will follow up.. This unfortunately is a all to common event In Detroit.

You MUST be very careful there on who you choose.. and of course they may have used your money for the never ending repair bills and turn over cost low end rentals use.

@zen can you advise what your current situation is with sycamore as I am also with them

Originally posted by @Mike Tonkiss :

@zen can you advise what your current situation is with sycamore as I am also with them

Mike 

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to get a lawyer involved now trying to resolve this dispute. I'm going to try the other people's ideas and go to real estate licensing but I hear that they are not even licensed to do real estate in Michigan, just a shady company overall.... I'll update you more as I continue to battle this issue. Thanks all for responding.

I have worked closely with Sycamore in the past (past being the key word).....they are sinking fast and they may not have any money to give. I would highly recommend you switch your PM quickly. I could give you a couple of other investors that have lost money dealing with them if you want to try to squeeze blood out of a rock and bring suit against them.

contact Stateside APM and ask for Howard

I am in a similar boat with Sycamore Prop Mgmt LLC. I cannot reach them - email to them is rejected and while not disconnected, their tel# either rings with NO ANSWER or it is in a constant busy tone. My tenant in Detroit says she last contacted them around Dec 2015 and they never followed up on a repair that was partially done. Then I spoke w/a lawyer who said that he did work for Sycamore and they owed him $!

I did confirm with the Licensing Board (L.A.R.A) in Lansing that Sycamore is NOT LICENSED.  Also no licensing for their prior business name of MDHS (Metro Detroit Home Solutions), which had been located at 8300 Hall Road ste 104, Utica, MI 48317.  Main people I worked with was Susan Manetta, also Lisa Deval or Duval (name appeared 2 different ways on email), Amber Rodgers, Nancy Stallons and Chris Podleski.  There was also an Al Beahn plus son, also Al (one is Alfred and one is Allen) who worked in field doing inspections & repairs, other worked as a realtor.   

Updated almost 2 years ago

I don't actually know if Al &Al are father/son or brothers, fyi.

@Sandra Skorupski @Zhen Liang

Don't know about the others, but Al Beahn is an active member on BP- still selling turn key  in Detroit.

Just saw that the OP is pretty old- any updates ?

"active member on the BP" < what is that?  "OP is pretty old" < what are you referring to?  Do you happen to know whether Al Beahn is Allen or Alfred? L.A.R.A. said that Al Beahn (not sure which one) is licensed as a Realtor for ReLife, but I couldn't find an address or tel# for ReLife.

Updated almost 2 years ago

I figured out BP, but what is meant by "OP"? Thanks.

I don't have knowledge of any rl est lawyers but I am not likely to litigate, mainly because of unknown whereabouts of Sycamore Mgmt.  I do know of an eviction lawyer for the W Detroit area, in which my rental is located.  Because Sycamore did not further respond to my existing tenant in rental, she discontinued making any rent deposits (apparantly done in $ & she doesn't have proof).  She hasn't paid rent this entire yr 2016 but cannot make good therefore she is going to be evicted.  By the way, Sycamore evicted the previous tenant I had (when I took over the property which was early 2013.

I am currently looking for both an insurance company for property (W Detroit area) and a new property manager.  Any recommendations?

Just received this contact but they are unknown to me:  http://www.aaroncoxlaw.com/

They declare themself as a premier real est atty, but does that mean expensive?  Maybe expensive but effective?  Anyone work with their law offices?  

Hello All,

I was with Sycamore several years back. Have not been with them since early 2012. I am sorry to hear you have had trouble over there. I have not had any contact with anyone from there in quite sometime myself. I wish you the best of luck. Also- Alfred Beahn is an independent real estate agent. No correlation with Sycamore.

Hi Al, I take it you are Allen Beahn?  What relation is Alfred - father, brother?  I'm am interested to hear any more that you might know about Sycamore Property Mgmt.  Thanks, Sandra

Originally posted by @Sandra Skorupski :

"active member on the BP" < what is that?  "OP is pretty old" < what are you referring to?  Do you happen to know whether Al Beahn is Allen or Alfred? L.A.R.A. said that Al Beahn (not sure which one) is licensed as a Realtor for ReLife, but I couldn't find an address or tel# for ReLife.

Hey Sandra- Just came across this by chance.

OP - is "Opening Post" or "Opening Poster" in the thread. You might want to take a look at this post for other common terms. Also suggest you tag people that you would like to respond to your posts see here. Regarding property management in Detroit I suggest you try reaching out to Castle .

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here