How can I pool investor money legally?

1 Reply

Hi Everyone - I have been reading a bunch online trying to find a definitive answer to this question but haven't able to get complete clarity. My question is regarding the legality of pooling investor (non-accredited) money for real estate. For example, a partner and I would handle the operational side, and the investors would receive a return based upon their contribution size. Could anyone point me towards what regulations I need to be aware of for this setup? I have seen a lot of different answers so I am unsure. Really appreciate any help!
Originally posted by @Jordan Jett :
Hi Everyone -

I have been reading a bunch online trying to find a definitive answer to this question but haven't able to get complete clarity.

My question is regarding the legality of pooling investor (non-accredited) money for real estate. For example, a partner and I would handle the operational side, and the investors would receive a return based upon their contribution size.

Could anyone point me towards what regulations I need to be aware of for this setup? I have seen a lot of different answers so I am unsure.

Really appreciate any help!

Hey Jordan,

Welcome to BP! I certainly see your vision. I started with the same idea with my partner but we decided to complete a few flips with HMLs before channeling this strategy.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.