How can I pool investor money legally?

1 Reply

Hi Everyone - I have been reading a bunch online trying to find a definitive answer to this question but haven't able to get complete clarity. My question is regarding the legality of pooling investor (non-accredited) money for real estate. For example, a partner and I would handle the operational side, and the investors would receive a return based upon their contribution size. Could anyone point me towards what regulations I need to be aware of for this setup? I have seen a lot of different answers so I am unsure. Really appreciate any help!
Originally posted by @Jordan Jett :
Hi Everyone -

I have been reading a bunch online trying to find a definitive answer to this question but haven't able to get complete clarity.

My question is regarding the legality of pooling investor (non-accredited) money for real estate. For example, a partner and I would handle the operational side, and the investors would receive a return based upon their contribution size.

Could anyone point me towards what regulations I need to be aware of for this setup? I have seen a lot of different answers so I am unsure.

Really appreciate any help!

Hey Jordan,

Welcome to BP! I certainly see your vision. I started with the same idea with my partner but we decided to complete a few flips with HMLs before channeling this strategy.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here