NYC Tax Lot - Combining 2 Apartments

NYC Tax Lot - Combining 2 Apartments

New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 0 votes
Hi, I recently bought the neighboring apartment (condo) next to the unit I currently own in Manhattan and I am looking to combine the two units. When I submitted the construction plans to the DoB I was also required to submit a form for a "tentative" tax lot number. My question is, am I required to take the next step and file with the Department of Finance to formally combine the tax lots and have 1 tax bill? Or would it be cheaper, from a tax assessment perspective, if I kept them separate? Thank you in advance for all your help!
0Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 370 posts · 85 votes
    11y

    Knowing NYC, they would likely require it. Did you speak to a lawyer?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.