Votes
Ed D.
  • Hackensack, NJ
Votes |
S-Corp vs LLC for REI

Ed D.
  • Hackensack, NJ
Posted Jan 6 2016, 12:20
Hi everyone, Hope you all are doing great. First, I want to thank the folks here on BP it's wonderful to be able to speak to so many people who are willing to share good information with each other. I come from an investment banking background but am now focusing on REI. I am currently looking to form my legal entity for my REI company and one of the CPA's that I spoke to mentioned that an S Corp may be a better fit for me than an LLC. Because of the passive income of an s Corp vs the LLC which may be individual income taxes. Not sure if it's because I'm single and don't have a partner but was wondering if any of you have experience in this area? Or what have you done for your companies? I plan on working buy and hold strategies to build my portfolio and may even take advantage of some rehab or fix and flip. My goal is to take advantage of any tax rules in favor of either the LLC or s Corp to allow for lower liabilities and increase the cash flow. Thanks in advance guys. Cheers, Edwin Diaz

Loading replies...