CPA - Portland

25 Replies

Hello everyone, I dont usually post on BP but looks like at this point its really important :) We had 4 rental units last year and it has doubled this year.

We are looking at expanding our team and are currently looking out for a CPA who has some experience working with RE investors.  Any good CPAs in Portland area anyone can recommend?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I've got a CPA that I use, and a huge portion of the other agents in my office use. I think he does all kinds of accounting, not just real estate, but he is as experienced with real estate as I have found. He owns and operates his business in Beaverton, OR.

Message me and I will get you guys his contact info!

Chris Parrish

What are you trying to accomplish with a CPA? Or do you just need an accountant to make sure your books is in good order?

Thanks @Gabe K. , @Emma Lincoln , @Alissa Jenkins @Chris Parrish

I am still on a CPA hunt (couldn't actively focus on this for a while now). In the meanwhile i have bought a really good and highly recommended book

"The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor" 

I guess I also would have to schedule some f2f BP get together meetings to share such information and help each other out :) 

@Pragya Singh

My advice is to look outside your specific area.
You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions. I'm always browsing here to help people.

It's sometimes hard to find both specialized and local. 

There are a handful of amazing CPAs/Accountants/EAs on Bigger Pockets who work remotely and have clients from all over the country. 

@pragya singh
Did you find anyone yet? If you could share that would be great.

Also, read your goals. Am impressed. I live in Beaverton, work for Nike and starting out in RE. My wife and I would love to sit with you and chat about your experience and gain from it. Please let me know if you would have time for f2f.

I searched for Revin on FB, but search came back with too many Revin.  Unable to narrow down the REVIN pertaining to RE group in Vancouver.  Thanks.  

@Account Closed

There are considerable tax considerations when investing in rental properties in Portland.

City of Portland / Multnomah has a tax filing if you have properties located within their area. Make sure when picking a CPA that he/she is familiar with that requirement.