CPA

8 Replies

Chris, if you search the BP forums for CPA in NH or CPA in MA, you'll find a few recommendations.  But most people, myself included, are adamant that your CPA works electronically and by phone, so where they are located is irrelevant.  You scan and send your records, you don't walk in with a shoebox full of receipts, so it doesn't matter where they are.

What matters is how good they are at what they do.  My CPA is in Ohio but knows the MA and NH laws (I live in NH). Why does he know them?  Because if he has a client in another state, he researches the laws to properly take care of them.  In his case, he already has lots of NH and MA clients, so not an issue.  

excellent! I was wondering if that mattered, probably should have been my first question.  I have no problem with out of state, like you said I would not likely show up at the office with papers. 

I am obviously new to this, its nice to have support.  Thank you so much for responding. I would defiantly be interested in their contact info.

Thanks again.

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate

@Ann Bellamy @Stephen Mellert

@Chris Matheson

I contacted one of the CPAs mentioned frequently on here for some consultation and was quoted $350/hr and was told to expect an hour on the phone and that I'd be paying for another half hour off the phone for notes cleanup.  I expected to pay a couple hundred for a consult, so that was quite a bit higher than I expected. Is that the going rate for CPA consultation? Are you guys seeing/paying similar?

Originally posted by @Stephen Polizzi :

@Ann Bellamy @Stephen Mellert

@Chris Matheson

I contacted one of the CPAs mentioned frequently on here for some consultation and was quoted $350/hr and was told to expect an hour on the phone and that I'd be paying for another half hour off the phone for notes cleanup.  I expected to pay a couple hundred for a consult, so that was quite a bit higher than I expected. Is that the going rate for CPA consultation? Are you guys seeing/paying similar?

I find $350 a bit high. You may want to shop around a bit. 

Hi Stephen, sorry I'm just getting back to you, I was away. Yes, those seem like pricing I had been quoted. I ended up talking with Hall CPA out of Washington. He did a free phone consultation. They have a different system of pay, they charge a monthly fee depending on your needs. I like the system, makes sense to me. We decided that I did not need services yet. When I do I will likely go with them, i was impressed with the consult and his willingness to talk to me and have fallow up discussions before i sign on.