Votes
Vic Ibrahim
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Real Estate Lawyer Opinion Requested for Condo-Hotel

Vic Ibrahim
  • Miami, FL
Posted Aug 22 2017, 15:48

I own a condo hotel in FL and the developer/owner of the building is creating issues w self rentals / self management (i.e. Owners not in the hotel program but use Airbnb and similar)

The developer is segregating  cleaning from our shared costs, not offering a viable/sanitary alternative (i.e. Cost prohibitive and no linen service) and claiming per the condo declaration the developer has exclusive rights to housekeeping since it's a condo hotel and will not allow us to hire cleaners given his exclusivity. 

Owners, acting in their own individual capacity, are allowed to clean, given this, how can I add additional owners w limited rights? I want to add two individuals as owners so they are considered owners and can clean my unit. 

What approaches are available? For example, TIC an option with enough clauses added to protect me while still achieve my goal?

Key card Access for my unit  is managed via front desk so I can't just give a key to sneak them in. They would have to checkin as an owner to go up to my unit. 

Vic

Loading replies...