Trump's proposed tax plan

Trump's proposed tax plan

St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
hey guys, first post. IV kind if been lurking the forums, iv watched what feels like every YouTube video and half of the bp podcasts in the past 2 weeks. I'm only 24 so I don't have much experience but I like to think of myself as a sponge for information. I'm so happy I found this place and I know it will be a key component to my success. Anyways I was curious if any of you had seen Trump's tax preposal?? The implications are huge for the potential tax write off's I know many of you use aren't they?? the article from Bloomberg: "So-called pass-through entities, which include partnerships and limited liability companies, would see their rate capped at 25 percent. Currently, those businesses -- which can range from mom-and-pop grocers to hedge funds -- don’t pay income tax themselves but pass their income through to their owners, who then pay tax based on their individual income-tax rates. While the pass-through rate cut would represent a major tax break for lucrative pass-throughs, tax-writers would craft measures aimed at preventing individuals from recharacterizing their personal wages as business income, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the framework is not yet public. " As I understand it, this would essentially eliminate an entire profit avenue from real estate investment, probably resulting in stark opposition from investors...
0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    that post did not space as Intended....
  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    This benefits real estate investors because tax on capital (which real estate qualifies as) put into a pass through entity (S-Corp, LLC) would qualify for the 25% rate.

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Of course whether you want to do this or not depends on your income and individual tax rate (and whether the legislation is passed and what it actually looks like when passed). Tax legislation also might only be temporary do to budget reasons which is another issue. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.