Tax Attorney Recommendation -PA

6 Replies

I am looking for a good tax attorney in the Bucks county, Montgomery county/ Philadelphia area. If anyone has a good recommendation that would be great. Thanks!

Ironically most tax attorney's don't all prepare tax returns. What are you specifically looking for assistance with?

@Steven Hamilton II is correct that most tax attorneys do not prepare tax returns. You generally only need them for very specific tasks (e.g. litigation with IRS, advanced estate-planning, advanced corporate issues like a merger, etc.). If you provide more details about what you need, I can try to find a referral for you. 

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it as legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.

@Steven Hamilton II & @Chris K. Thanks for the replies.

So the situation is that I don't actually know a whole lot of what is needed.  My father is actually the one looking for the tax attorney and he asked me to help him find one, so I figured I would reach out to the BP community.  He is looking for a good real estate attorney to help negotiate with the IRS.  He does have an accountant but is not very happy with the progress he has made with them.    

Originally posted by @Michael Badin :

@Steven Hamilton II & @Chris K. Thanks for the replies.

So the situation is that I don't actually know a whole lot of what is needed.  My father is actually the one looking for the tax attorney and he asked me to help him find one, so I figured I would reach out to the BP community.  He is looking for a good real estate attorney to help negotiate with the IRS.  He does have an accountant but is not very happy with the progress he has made with them.    

Unless he is approached by someone with a badge and gun, I would find a qualified Enrolled Agent who specializes in audit or collection issues. PM me as I have a few questions and can help you find an EA or CPA that can assist you. I have several colleagues in PA. 

If it is in regards to collection/audit - an EA/CPA will suffice.

The only time I see CPA's/EA's reach out to Tax Attorney's in relation to tax compliance is when that person failed to report foreign assets to the IRS and wants to enter the voluntary disclosure program
I hope the latter is not the case.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.