• Real Estate Investor
  • Independence, MO
Votes |
Turbo Tax Premier or an Account?

Shane Moss
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Independence, MO
Posted May 24 2010, 23:19

I'd like to know what the general consensus is on using tax software such as Turbo Tax Premier vs an accountant.

I searched for a question like this already and found someone asked it a few years ago; however, the responses I thought were pretty limited.

I take possesion of my first property in couple of days and will have my work cut out for me this summer getting it up to par. I've been spending this past month learning as much as I can about the admin side of the business so I can focus my attention on the physical side (sweat equity) for the next few months.

Since taxes are so important, I'd like to know if you guys think Turbo Tax is really adequate at getting the job done. Assuming it can get the job done, perhaps my question should be, can a layman who has done what he can to learn some tax basics understand the questions well enough that Turbo Tax asks to provide the correct data?

Please help! Turbo Tax vs a pro is a huge conflict for me right now. My parents own a few properties and swear by it, but honestly, they don't spend the time I do learning the paperwork side of things.

Loading replies...