• Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Property management agreement

Jake Kain
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Nov 2 2017, 19:33

Hey BP! Hoping that I am posting in the correct forum.

My grandmother has moved into an assisted care facility, giving power of attorney/attorney in fact to my parents. Her house is completely paid off and my parents are wanting to rent it out to help cover the cost of her assisted living facility charges. My parents do not have experience with renting out property to tenants so I offered to help walk them through the process. They have been super busy and I have been doing most of the legwork thus far. Am I able to just step in as the property manager for them? It is my understanding, in Arizona you do not need to have a RE license if you are only managing one property and are not receiving compensation from managing that property. I am doing this completely for free, just to help them out and make sure they get a good tenant and everything works out smoothly and my grandmother's expenses are covered. 

I know that in order to run background checks on rentprep, you have to provide documentation for either owning the property, power of attorney or a property management agreement. I just want to make sure I am not doing anything illegal if we create a contract between us, stating that I am the property manager and we can even spell out that I will not be receiving compensation for management.

Any input would be appreciated and if someone has a property management agreement they would be willing to share with me would be awesome.

Thanks!!

KAIN Real Estate Group Logo

Loading replies...