Getting started with a CPA

4 Replies

Hello everyone! New to BiggerPockets, and a "new" investor. I live in Washington State, and have a couple of single family homes out of state. And now I'm branching out into multi-family (out of state as well). Looking for recommendations on how to set up a trusted CPA. I curently just do my taxes on HR Block, but now with the multi-family investment, opening an LLC, etc. things will become more complex and I need advice. Can you point me in the right direction? In state? Out of state? Online? Thanks!

@Santiago Lozano

HR Block tax software is great if your tax profile is simple(W-2 and maybe some interest/dividends). Once your tax profile gets more complicated - you may benefit from reaching out to an accountant.

The great thing about Washington is that they do not have a state income tax(only a B&O Tax). However, you will be required to file a non-resident state tax return in the states that you own the properties.

Proximity of your accountant isin't as important as getting the right accountant who understands real estate taxation.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here