Finding a Real Estate Attorney

5 Replies

As a newly investor, I’m looking to setup my business and incorporate. I heard it’s best to connect with an attorney to set up your company with your state and also they’re good for when you’re working with contracts. I’m looking to discuss my structure and help with direction on how I should incorporate. Would LLC be the best? I just looked up a few in my area (Philadelphia) and so many came up. How did you guys decide when choosing your attorney when setting up your Real Estate Business?

@Jhirae Talmadge

With you explaining what your business structure is, it's hard to say whether an LLC would be the best. For example, your loan options change if you decide to invest using an LLC. So you'll have to think about what you want.

For finding attorneys, I would say referrals are the best. Most commercial attorneys don't focus much on marketing since their prime clientele --- mid to large businesses --- couldn't care less about marketing. 5

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it for legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.

@Jhirae Talmadge

Are you actually in Philadelphia? All my contacts there is part of bigger firms and expensive. I know a few other attorneys with smaller practices but they practice different areas of law. 

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it for legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.