Canadians Investing in US for buy holds and flips

2 Replies

Can anyone advise the best structure for both tax and liability for Canadians investing in US real estate for buy/holds and flips?  This would be eventually for a larger number of properties in the 50+ range (single family homes and apartment units).

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by @Henry Der :

Can anyone advise the best structure for both tax and liability for Canadians investing in US real estate for buy/holds and flips?  This would be eventually for a larger number of properties in the 50+ range (single family homes and apartment units).

Thanks in advance!

I believe I saw that LLCs are double taxed in Canada. It is treated as a Corporation. What did you have in mind to do? There are a lot of BC'ers and Albertan's that invest in Phoenix.

Double taxed!!!  Need to discuss with an accountant that does this type of work, if you know any?

In terms of what I had in mind?  Kind of open to what makes sense.  Have not made entry into the US market yet.  Can do multi-family holds, single family flips, or whatever makes sense in terms of best cap rates or best return for flips.