Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Elizabeth F.
Votes |
where to hire a direct mail coordinator

Elizabeth F.
Posted Feb 10 2011, 01:46

I am new to the business and I like to know where to get a direct mail coordinator and virtual assistant. i would like to automate the processs of someone looking for my leads and all the other tedios task that holding me up from analyzing deals.

plus i like to get a list of foreclosures and have hire a direct mail coordinator to do a mail campaign regularly.

any refereces where to find direct mail coordinator and list of foreclosures. i have the va.

thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Paul B.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alpharetta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alpharetta, GA
Replied Feb 10 2011, 01:52

I assume you mean pre-foreclosures, correct?

Depending on where you live, there may be someone out there that aggregates that information for you and sells it in digital format. (For example, in my area we have http://equitydepot.net/)

As far as outsourcing the mail-merge, I would think you could find someone to handle that for you on Craigslist, but if you're sending out a lot of mail, then what you're looking for is a basic letter shop. A letter shop will take your master letter with merge fields and merge it into your database, then print, fold, stuff, address, affix postage, and mail for you. And the cost, if you shop around, can be ridiculously cheap. If you want to do "lumpy mail," that will cost extra.

For me, I had my best experience when I did a basic yellow letter inside a plain white envelope, using my name and a PO Box for the return address and traditional first-class postage stamps -- no metered mail.

User Stats

Votes
Elizabeth F.
Votes |
Replied Feb 10 2011, 02:39

wow, all great stuff.. but i am not familiar with some terms:

basic letter shop
"lumpy mail,"
yellow letter

i leave in ny.. any idea where i can find that agreggrate list and yes, preforeclosures

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Paul B.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alpharetta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alpharetta, GA
Replied Feb 10 2011, 02:48

A letter shop is a business that prints and sends mail for customers. Just Google "(your city) letter shop."

Lumpy mail is mail that has bulk to it because there is something inside, like perhaps a pencil. Some people think that lumpy mail is more intriguing to the recipient, thereby getting more of the mail opened.

A yellow letter is just your letter on yellow paper, the color of which can be seen through the envelope because the envelope is thin (not tinted like a security envelope).

User Stats

Votes
Elizabeth F.
Votes |
Replied Feb 10 2011, 22:53

thank you paul!!!!!!!!

is direct mail company the same as letter shop??
and earlier you mentioned about an aggreagated list.

is that the same as a mailing list; so it would be a foreclosure mailing list???

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 11 2011, 07:56

Hi Elizabeth,

Even though you've already hired your VA, please be careful! As a Realtor, you should only be working with a VA who has at least two years of experience working inside a real estate office - otherwise they really don't understand the process, and you may find that you'll spend too much training them - something you will almost never have to do with an experienced REVA.

If you've already hired a VA without experience, take the time to plan out step-by-step processes and document exactly how you want tasks completed. The little bit of extra time you spend up front, will ease many headaches in the long run.

User Stats

Votes
Elizabeth F.
Votes |
Replied Feb 11 2011, 23:20

thank you for the advice april

what is a reva???

User Stats

Votes
Paul B.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alpharetta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alpharetta, GA
Replied Feb 12 2011, 01:42

REVA=Real Estate Virtual Assistant

User Stats

Votes
Ben Wilson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Feb 12 2011, 09:56

Elizabeth - just a thought but I've been wholesaling pretty much full-time for the past 3 years and I've never even heard of a Direct Mail Coordinator before reading this thread. Direct Mail using Click2Mail takes me less than an hour a week to send out 500 postcards. Yes it's just postcards (we sprinkle in some yellow letters that our kids help with) but the key is to get the mail out EVERY WEEK...

Not sure where to get a foreclosure list since we don't mail to them - our best lists are vacant houses, absentee owners, and our follow-up list - I like chasing deals that no one else knows about...

just a thought - good luck!