Votes
Ken Latchers
  • Hatfield, PA
Votes |
Review my pet addendum??

Ken Latchers
  • Hatfield, PA
Posted Jul 24 2012, 19:47

I have had a run of pet issues recently in a building (and tenants) I recently acquired - fleas, urinated carpets, digging, etc. I would appreciate any suggestions you have of my much reworked pet addendum. Especially things that would not be enforceable...

======================

Tenants acknowledge that animals are a source of fleas, ticks, allergies, barking, biting, legal/insurance issues, property damage and disturbing other residents and neighbors. They contribute to many issues in multifamily housing and no animals are allowed on Premises without this signed Pet Lease Addendum. Also:
a. No wild, dangerous, feral, venomous, “tamed” wild, or farm animals of any kind are permitted on Premises.
b. Noisy animals are not permitted.
c. Pets are not permitted to be tied up or left alone outside for an extended period. Dogs are not allowed to freely roam neighborhood.
d. Tenants must keep yard/parking area free of waste.
e. Tenants must furnish a copy of the pet's license, shot record, and veterinarian information.
f. Pets must not bite, brings in pests or dead animals, threaten, act aggressively, attack, harass, dig or causes significant damage, or other negative behavior towards person, animal or property.
g. Tenants are responsible for damage/injuries, to person or property, from their pets inside and outside their Unit.
h. Tenants MUST maintain renter’s insurance and arrange for Landlord to maintain payments to avoid cancellation.
i. Dogs on “aggressive” list of most insurance companies are not permitted, including (but not limited to) Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Doberman Pincers, Chows, Huskies, Mastiffs, Malamutes, Akitas, Bulldogs, Bull Terriers, Pit Bulls or any breed normally over 15 pounds as an adult.
j. Tenants owning pets – legal or illegal – are responsible for all pest control in their Unit and will pay a $95 nonrefundable charge along with this pet addendum to cover additional repairs/cleaning at end of lease period.
k. TENANTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO “ANIMAL SIT” AT ANY TIME.
l. Trained, certified service animals for the disabled will be permitted, as per law, provided note from proper medical authorities are furnished to prove necessity.
m. Tenants must furnish picture and description & name of each pet upon acceptance:
PET ONE Breed: _____________ Name: _____________ NOTES: ______________________________
PET TWO Breed: _____________ Name: _____________ NOTES: ______________________________
n. Acceptance of any pet upon move in does not constitute acceptance of any other pet acquired later.
o. The cost per pet is $19/month per cat or dog. Two cats/dogs (two total) is the maximum per unit or 1 or 2 small cockatiel-sized quiet birds in a cage. Aquariums must be in new condition and less than 3 gallons.
p. Most cats and dogs will urinate on carpets regardless of how much the Tenant claims they are housebroken. All carpets will need to be professionally cleaned at Tenant expense (and replaced if smell lingers in landlord’s opinion).
q. IF PET POLICY IS VIOLATED, TENANT IS LIABLE FOR EVICTION COSTS, CARPET AND PAD REPLACEMENT COSTS, EXTERMINATION COSTS AND ALL OTHER COSTS AS NOTED IN THE SECURITY DEPOSIT AGREEMENT. TENANT IS ALSO LIABLE FOR THE APPLICABLE PET RENT FROM THE START OF LEASE.
Tenants approve that any violation of this Addendum can cause Landlord/Animal Control to enter Unit without notice and permanently remove animals without any recourse to Tenants. Tenants waive all claims against Landlord for pet violations. Tenants bear all responsibility for legal or other costs and liability. Having pets on the premises are a privilege. Many Landlords do not allow pets and no warnings are guaranteed or implied upon infractions.

Loading replies...