Votes
Amy Harmon
  • Bellingham, WA
Votes |
Anderson Business Advisors

Amy Harmon
  • Bellingham, WA
Posted Jan 27 2020, 14:05

@Jason Strange @Quenton Mullins @Wilco Ravestijn @Joe Durham @Joyce Drayton To the Anderson Business Advisors Clients, I have a question/concern about the security of your assets from Anderson, hoping you can help. I am a new Anderson Advisors Client, Anderson wants me to send my company share certificates signed & dated, to them for them to keep in WY. Anderson says this is best practice since WY has charging order protection and the physical location of shares may come into play in the unfortunate event of a lawsuit judgment against me. The share certificates have on the back of them where you can transfer share ownership, WITHOUT a new signature/notary block to do so. I am reserved about sending my shares, which represent my interest in my company (& thus it's assets) to them? Did you send yours in? Do your company share certificates have that area on the lower back of them with that "transfer verbiage"? FYI, the shares certificates are in the "Units & Ledger" tab of your company binder, you should have some unsigned blank ones left in your binder even if you sent your "50 or so" signed shares into them. Anderson said you are not required to send in your certificates, but then you may not have protection in a judgment, which is the main function of the WY holding LLC (along w/ anonymity). The main WY holding company is also the "owner" of your other LLCs, so I am picturing if your shares are transferred from your holding LLC, that is all your assets from your other LLCs as well, and possibly a living trust if that was set up with Anderson through the holding company as the base structure as well? Did you have this issue, if yes, how did you deal with it? I am concerned about "trusting".

Loading replies...