Skip to content
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Fernando Vargas
Votes |
Receiving cash flow and unemployment benefits illegal?

Fernando Vargas
Posted Feb 18 2020, 18:34

Hello everyone I’m currently jobless and just got laid off about a month ago (fieldwork). Im in California. I saved almost everything i could and have enough to start creative real estate strategies like lease options and seller financing. I was paid pretty good and would work 12 hour shifts. I just found out I’m eligible for unemployment benefits and was wondering if it would be against the law if i were to receive monthly cashflow or down payments (less than $10,000 per deal) while receiving unemployment benefits? Last thing i want is to get hit with fraud especially just starting out.. I did my research and various people said they did it since technically they aren’t employed, but i want to make sure that would be legal in California. Anyone have any experience with this? Also keep in mind my buyers would eventually buy the property with these strategies and i would receive a nice profit but that is at least a year into the deal so i should be fine since it expires yearly? I’ve been doing heavy research/saving for a year and finally looking to jump in. I would really appreciate the help I’m actually looking for my first property now and i need to make a decision asap! Thanks in advance :)

Loading replies...