• Tampa, FL
Votes |
Enrolled Agent? CPA? Tax Attorney?

Todd Groom
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted May 24 2020, 18:57

There are a lot of the above mentioned in here but how does one choose the best agent to go with? I'm sure everyone here is an expert at some level but like all things some are a better fit than others for a situation. From past experience I've learned that one person sometimes just wants to click a few buttons on turbo tax and others live it and know every loophole, tax break etc. 

We are in need of someone who can help in a few areas. Figuring out how to set up this business where I and my business partner get the most out of tax benefits and protections. My business partner also needs to get his taxes for this year prepared and filed. 

So how does one choose the right person to fit? I thought at first a Tax Attorney would be the best person to talk with but then people mentioned EA that I've never heard of. Then everyone seemed to be back and forth, a CPA is better than an EA, an EA is better than a CPA, an EA is cheaper than TA and knows the same stuff. Then I started to see using a different state as the business address may have stronger LLC protections than another like Nevada etc. It tough going the right rout.

Loading replies...