Votes
Stacie Katori
Votes |
HELP...😩😩😩Any Thoughts? Advice?

Stacie Katori
Posted Sep 24 2020, 14:18

Hi

Here’s the situation: 

I purchased a triplex using a FHA 203k in October of 2019.

November 2019 (3 weeks after I purchased it-the 203k contractor (his workers) caused a fire at the property. 

I’ve been struggling to get the insurance company to pay me the total damages; they are trying to settle below what it cost to repair/restore the damages. Gave me a random number without giving me proof of what this number covered...had me wait for 4 months just to give me the same random number again. I couldn’t believe it. 

I hired a public adjuster. He is working on it. 

Now I need to renew my insurance policy, but I’m having a hard time with this. Seems uninsurable with the structure not being sound. 

Also paying for this property each month while it’s vacant hasn’t been a walk in the park.

It’s been almost a year and I still have not gotten a settlement from the insurance company, but the public adjuster is working on it. 

The contractor is saying I owe him money for the work that he burned...so awful...

This was my first time out and I’m drowning. I’m trying to say afloat.

Does anyone have any sound advice to give me at this point? 

I've tried contacting HUD, etc. it's like no one is helping me and I need a breakthrough with this situation. If anyone can offer any assistance, that would be great.

I‘ve reached out for legal advice, but I haven’t had any success there either...well one lawyer directed me to the public adjuster...So that was helpful...

Thanks for your comments, feedback, suggestions...

Loading replies...