• Chattanooga
Votes |
Lease Options/Master Lease Options

John Wayne
  • Accountant
  • Chattanooga
Posted Feb 3 2021, 14:37

Come on BP don't let me down!

I have found myself fascinated with Lease Options/Wholesaling Lease Options. I have spent hours of research into the legal aspect in making sure that I can provide coverage for myself, the seller, and the tenant/buyer. I am located in Tennessee and have reached out to a few connections in the legal world but none have been able to provide me with the answers I am looking for. I spent many hours drafting a Lease Option/Master Lease Agreement for use between myself and a home owner or seller. I believe that it is airtight and would like to get it verified in some way. I have also drafted a sublease agreement and Lease Option that would be provided to the Tenant/Buyer. 

I guess my question is that I am looking for anyone with actual experience with Lease Options and might be able to provide advice while going through the legal hoops and obstacles. I have not been able to find many people with real experience in this and would love to hear what you all have to say!

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Smith
  • Investor
  • brentwood, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • brentwood, CA
Replied Feb 3 2021, 15:46

Well Pilgrim; it might actually be better to ask for an attorney referral, since providing specific advice on the drafting of a legal document sounds suspiciously like the practice of law.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Seib
  • Attorney and Real Estate Broker
  • Madison, WI
Votes |
  • Attorney and Real Estate Broker
  • Madison, WI
Replied Feb 10 2021, 09:33

Yes agreed. The lease option is more simple than it sounds. But if you are just approaching it best to have a lawyer do it/help you. It is possible around me for people to reuse most of these forms and agreements if they wish. I am not sure about TN.

Best wishes working on that! I love master leases as well. It can make things really interesting in a good way.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Esteban Baez
  • Investor
  • Marion County, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Marion County, FL
Replied Feb 18 2021, 08:04

I suggest speaking with a Lawyer, I also suggest asking BiggerPocket's Members (preferable in-state [TN]) if they would like to JV (Partner) with you.