How many credit cards do I need for my LLC portfolio

How many credit cards do I need for my LLC portfolio

Investor · Boston · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hi BP, 

I have several LLCs where each one holds one individual property. All of the LLCs have their own EIN and separate bank account. In order to pay for certain expenses by credit card, can I use one LLC's credit card to pay for expenses related to the other LLC's and then simply pay it back via a distribution?

Thanks,

Pedro

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    5y

    If you do that I probably wouldn’t even bother with llc’s. If it’s worth suing it’s worth piercing the corporate veil. Just put them back in your name and buy an umbrella policy, whic you should have already anyway. You are 10x more likely to get sued personally that the property is. In which case the llc’s won’t help. 

  • Jon KellyPro Member
    Investor · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2016 · 929 posts · 951 votes
    5y

    @Pedro Morais create an "operating company" LLC. The operating company doesn't own any properties but pays all expenses.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.