Looking for a CPA near Reading, PA

4 Replies

@Becky Haag

Your first choice should be to find a CPA that specializes in real estate taxation and one that is local. Many CPA's that post on this website 'tout' finding one that is out of state so you can find that real estate focused CPA. Real Estate Taxation is nothing new and you can certainly find a local CPA that specializes in Real Estate.

Below are some tips to find a Local CPA that specializes in real estate

1) Attend a Local REIA / Real Estate meetup and see who other investors are using as a CPA
2) Network with other investors from your City/State that you find on bigger pockets and see who they use as a CPA
3) Look for CPA's with good google/yelp reviews where 'real estate' is mentioned in the review.

You should only look for an out-of-state CPA after you take the above steps.

Below is a website to verify that your CPA is licensed by the state of Pennsylvania - 

Best of Luck!