Real Estate Attorney and CPA in Westchester County, NY

4 Replies

Hi BP Community,

I'm a relatively new investor in Westchester County, NY and I was hoping to gather some names of Real Estate Attorneys and/or CPA's that I can work with to guide my taxes/finances/IRA matters and to help grow my portfolio moving forward. I appreciate all the help, in advance!

Thanks,

John

Hi, I'm an agent and investor in Westchester I've worked with Doug Smith with Prilolet Law in White Plains on a few deals and have been extremely happy with his willingness to communicate, work together, authenticity and fees. 

You didn't ask for it but my go-to lender (under 5 units) is Allie (Albert) Abietlleo with Quinetessial Mortgage out of White Plains. Extremely responsive, hands-on, and willing to work numbers.

@John Connolly you invest in Westchester? How is it going so far? I live in White Plains, manage 6 rental properties for my family but I invest out of state mostly. You should join the Westchester Real Estate Investors FB group. There is a meet-up tonight actually. 

Promotion
Turo
Turo car sharing
Start a small business on Turo
Join thousands of entrepreneurs who have started successful car sharing businesses on Turo.
Learn more

There are multiple REI specialized tax pros here on the forums. Almost all work virtually with clients. I'd reach out to a few and see who you click with. I would recommend starting with @Steven Hamilton II or @Jake Hottenrott

@John Connolly

Below are some tips if you are looking for a local CPA.

1) Attend a Local REIA / Real Estate meetup and see who other investors are using as a CPA
2) Network with other investors from your City/State that you find on bigger pockets and see who they use as a CPA
3) Look for CPA's with good google/yelp reviews where 'real estate' is mentioned in the review.
4) Verify that your CPA is licensed. Many 'tax professionals' lie that they are a CPA. 
Here is a link that you can use to verify that your CPA is licensed within the state of New York - http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsear...

You can open up your search for a CPA outside of your state if you were not able to find anyone using the above tips

Best of luck!