Live in NJ, have real estate in VT; looking for a year-round CPA

4 Replies

Hi, I live in NJ and have rental properties in Vermont. I am a newbie in real estate and still have a fulltime job where I work remotely in NJ for a company based in Seattle.  I'm looking for a CPA (year round) to not only prepare taxes but to work with on strategies.  I have (up to this point) done my taxes myself. 

Any recommendations appreciated


Motivated Leads
Marketing For Investors…By Investors
We Get Houses For Real Estate Investors
We help investors get more off market deals from distressed sellers.
Learn More

@Alyssa Ciccarelli

You are a resident of NJ with a rental property in Vermont.
You are responsible for filing a Federal return, NJ return and VT Return.

There are many unique tax laws as they related to real estate investors - 1031 Exchange, Qualified Opportunity Fund(QOF), Cost Segregation, 179 Expense / Bonus Depreciation, Real Estate Professional Status.

Make sure to work with a tax professional who understands all of the above

Best of luck