Jordan Brauchler
Pro Member
Votes |
Help financing rural property in East Tennessee

Jordan Brauchler
Pro Member
Posted Dec 6 2022, 09:09

Hi all,

i have a property under contract in East TN. I'm looking to finance using DSCR and possible reno. Many lenders I've spoken with are saying they won't finance a property considered "rural". Can anyone suggest a lender who might not have a problem with that distinction?

Thanks

- Jordan 

User Stats

Votes
Reid Chauvin
  • Lender
  • Nashville TN - Licensed in AL AR DC FL GA LA MD TN, TX and VA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Nashville TN - Licensed in AL AR DC FL GA LA MD TN, TX and VA
Replied Dec 6 2022, 09:13

@Jordan Brauchler - the challenges in particularly rural areas are finding appraisers and appraisers finding comps. Can you provide more info on the property and your objectives (i.e. buy/hold or flip)?

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Brauchler
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 6 2022, 09:43
Quote from @Reid Chauvin:

@Jordan Brauchler - the challenges in particularly rural areas are finding appraisers and appraisers finding comps. Can you provide more info on the property and your objectives (i.e. buy/hold or flip)?

My objective for this property is to flip it and 1031 into another. It's located in Greenville. I have it under contract for $103k. Contractor quote for reno is ~$50k. I have obtained an appraisal of $230k arv.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Lyndsay Zwirlein
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Dec 6 2022, 10:33

How many projects have you done in the past 3 years?  We might have a solution for you.

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Brauchler
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 6 2022, 10:49
Quote from @Lyndsay Zwirlein:

How many projects have you done in the past 3 years?  We might have a solution for you.

@Lyndsay Zwirlein:

I currently have 2 long term rentals and 1 short term rental I purchased in June 2022. I also completed my first flip in 2021. Although, I prefer to buy and hold as a general rule, but the property currently under contract would finance other projects.