Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Xavier A. Malave
  • Brackettville, TX
Votes |
Looking for Self Storage properties for sell!

Xavier A. Malave
  • Brackettville, TX
Posted Nov 22 2023, 02:14

Good Morning,

I'm excited to jump into the commercial investing specially into the self storage world. I have been doing my research online and looking for properties for sell but It looks like is really hard to find self storages for sell online. 

Does anyone know a good real estate agent that works or know about self storage properties in Texas?  

If you guys have any tips I'll appreciate it, I'm more than happy to learn and get my first self storage! 

User Stats

Votes
G. Brian Davis
Pro Member
  • Hatboro, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Hatboro, PA
Replied Nov 22 2023, 04:52

One alternative to buying an entire storage facility yourself is spreading smaller amounts among many different private equity storage facilities. Reliant, Spartan, Nomad, Hearthfire, and Belrose are all reputable real estate syndicators operating in the self-storage space. They also bring an economy of scale with them. 

We sometimes look at storage syndication deals in our Co-Investing Club. That lets you invest with even less per property, $5K instead of the typical $50-100K minimum investment for a syndication deal. 

And, of course, syndications are completely passive investments. If you invest with a syndicator, they take on all the headaches of lining up financing, hassling with contractors, property management, etc. That leaves you free to keep on living your life. 

Some investors love managing properties themselves, but personally I no longer invest actively. I only invest passively in real estate at this point, and I'm a lot happier for it. 

User Stats

Votes
Xavier A. Malave
  • Brackettville, TX
Votes |
  • Brackettville, TX
Replied Nov 22 2023, 23:04
Quote from @G. Brian Davis:

One alternative to buying an entire storage facility yourself is spreading smaller amounts among many different private equity storage facilities. Reliant, Spartan, Nomad, Hearthfire, and Belrose are all reputable real estate syndicators operating in the self-storage space. They also bring an economy of scale with them. 

We sometimes look at storage syndication deals in our Co-Investing Club. That lets you invest with even less per property, $5K instead of the typical $50-100K minimum investment for a syndication deal. 

And, of course, syndications are completely passive investments. If you invest with a syndicator, they take on all the headaches of lining up financing, hassling with contractors, property management, etc. That leaves you free to keep on living your life. 

Some investors love managing properties themselves, but personally I no longer invest actively. I only invest passively in real estate at this point, and I'm a lot happier for it. 

Thanks for that option!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes