Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Bryce Kennebeck
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Looking for an experienced Mortgage Broker in Tampa, Local is preferd but not req.

Bryce Kennebeck
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jan 31 2024, 12:07

Im looking for a mortgage broker to help me find proper funding for my first house hack in Pinellas county. Im looking to do an owner occupied 1-4 unit with 5% down and im also open to possible FHA if it proves to be a better option. Just looking to get pre approved for now and pull the trigger in the very near future. Im looking for someone that can help me in the future as this isnt likely to be my last investment in real-estate and my work history is a little complex but steady and sufficient.

User Stats

Votes
Trent Dues
  • Title Representative
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Title Representative
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jan 31 2024, 12:26

Lots of experienced brokers are on Bigger Pockets; being in Title, I enjoy working with Scoot Mortgage, who are licensed in 5 states including Florida. Their website is https://www.scootmortgage.com/ if you want to look into their services

User Stats

Votes
Devin Peterson
  • Lender
Votes |
Quote from @Bryce Kennebeck:

Im looking for a mortgage broker to help me find proper funding for my first house hack in Pinellas county. Im looking to do an owner occupied 1-4 unit with 5% down and im also open to possible FHA if it proves to be a better option. Just looking to get pre approved for now and pull the trigger in the very near future. Im looking for someone that can help me in the future as this isnt likely to be my last investment in real-estate and my work history is a little complex but steady and sufficient.

Hi Bryce, Local investor and Broker in the Tampa/St. Pete region. Would love to connect and help you plan your house hacking goals. Pinellas in Hillsboro county are fantastic areas to get started in the real estate investing game lots of local professionals, eager to help you succeed!  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jack Matthias
  • Lender
  • Chicago
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Chicago
Replied Jan 31 2024, 14:16

Hey Bryce I will connect to my manager who is licensed down in FL and would be able to take care of you. Shoot me a direct message and I'll connect you guys

User Stats

Votes
John Karg
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Jan 31 2024, 16:16

Hi Bryce, I'm a mortgage broker based in Palm Beach and I actually got my start in real estate house hacking myself. In most cases these days the conventional 5% down is the best option, with FHA only being useful in a few select scenarios. I'd be happy to go over the options in more detail with you and get you pre-approved--feel free to give me a call anytime.

John 

User Stats

Votes
Nick Velez
Lender
  • Lender
  • Florida
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Florida
Replied Jan 31 2024, 16:56

@Bryce Kennebeck

Hey Bryce,

Make sure you work with someone who invest's themselves and speaks the language. House hacking is an amazing strategy, but there are several nuances to be aware of depending on how you plan on scaling in the future. Equally important (if not more), is a competent agent who has experience with house hacking.  I highly recommend you connect with @Josh Green, he has helped several of my clients house hack in the pinellas area and will be an extremely valuable resource as you scale in the future. 

User Stats

Votes
Josh Green
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Replied Jan 31 2024, 18:27
Quote from @Bryce Kennebeck:

Hi Bryce! @Nick above is an excellent lender.  Works for David Greene's brokerage and you won't be disappointed - we've won a lot of competitive deals together for clients even against higher offers and cash offers with some tricks and extra creativity.

Feel free to connect as well - I've done 3 house-hacks in 3 years before I just started to only buy investment property without house-hacking them all and I've done a mixture of room-by-room, renting half as a LTR, MTR and STR. Great way to start by the way and tons of great opportunities here for those that are willing to put in work or be creative!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Stern
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Feb 1 2024, 14:57

Hey Bryce, reach out to @Sarah Meres. She has personally closed loans for me and clients of mine. Always a smooth and professional process!

User Stats

Votes
Theresa Holl
  • Investor
  • Minneapolis
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Minneapolis
Replied Feb 1 2024, 19:04

My friend Kyle is really good and goes the extra mile.   I can introduce you personally. 

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Meres
Lender
  • Lender
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Feb 2 2024, 06:02
Quote from @Joseph Stern:

Hey Bryce, reach out to @Sarah Meres. She has personally closed loans for me and clients of mine. Always a smooth and professional process!

Thanks for the connection, Joe!  Bryce - HUGE congrats on your first househack. I work in this space specifically (roughly 70% of my clients are multifamily househackers between the states of Florida and Minnesota) and I have completed 5 househacks personally that are all performing well. I was fortunate enough to be mentored by partners who helped me scale as quickly as I did. Now I am able to leverage equity in those previous properties to buy investments without the moving boxes :)

There are quite a few 5% down conventional programs to choose from and my specialty is tailor fitting you with the best one for your short and long-term goals. No matter who you choose to work with on your transaction, it's absolutely vital to ensure they're willing to do pre and post transaction education. A "point A to B" lender is not what you need in this space. 

DM me and we can chat through your situation and goals. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 11 2024, 14:04

Hi Bryce,

I'm a mortgage broker in the Tampa Bay Area. I've been in the business for 10 years and would be happy to help answer any questions. 

All the best

Steve