How we built an off market lead engine after drowning in bad data

How we built an off market lead engine after drowning in bad data

Specialist · NY · Member since 2023 · 55 posts · 26 votes
Let’s be real… Most wholesalers don’t have a (lack of) data problem. They have a data chaos problem. That was us. We were running a lean operation across a few TN markets, and like a lot of operators, we had a VA managing list pulls from your typical vendors, another one scrubbing and skip tracing, and 10 tabs open trying to keep everything current. What we really had? A spaghetti system of CSVs, half-duplicated records, missed leads… and hours of manual work that frustruted the hell out of our team. But here’s the move that changed everything: We shifted from chasing lists to building a live monitoring system across high-signal data sources—stuff like tax delinquents, probates, and code violations. Instead of waiting for overpriced third-party lists, we started pulling direct from the county—every week, automatically. No more guessing. No more duplicated effort. Here’s the big unlock most people miss:👉  The best leads aren’t sitting on pre-bought lists. They’re hiding in public data—if you know where to look and how to pull it consistently. (comment if you're interested in getting this automated for your team) Here’s why I’m sharing this: If you’re still hand-scraping lists or relying on whatever your VA finds on most platforms, you’re probably picking through scraps others have sifted through already. Just want to set expectations right for you if you're just starting out or if you've already built out a team. P.s Which data provider have you vowed to never use again because you never had success with their leads?
1Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 6 votes
1y

I would be interested in hearing more.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    1y

    I would be interested in hearing more.

  • Specialist · NY · Member since 2023 · 55 posts · 26 votes
    1y

    Great sending you a message now - looks like you're looking focusing on vacant land for wholesaling? 

  • Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Hi @Max Yuan! I currently have a single family rental (room by room) and I house hack in my second property. I'm actively building out processes to begin the wholesaling venture and in doing research came across this post. I'm curious to learn more from your experiences and what you suggest with regards to automatically pulling data.

    • Specialist · NY · Member since 2023 · 55 posts · 26 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Adam Sciupac:

      Hi @Max Yuan! I currently have a single family rental (room by room) and I house hack in my second property. I'm actively building out processes to begin the wholesaling venture and in doing research came across this post. I'm curious to learn more from your experiences and what you suggest with regards to automatically pulling data.


       Great sending you a message now! 

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Interested

    • Specialist · NY · Member since 2023 · 55 posts · 26 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Account Closed:

      Interested


      Great sending you a message now!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.