Looking for Title Attorney for WI Property

Looking for Title Attorney for WI Property

Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Looking for an experienced title attorney who can help with title issue on single family property. A brief summary:

I am the first lien lender on an SFR property. This property was originally owned by X and transferred to Y via quitclaim deed in June 2023. In December 2023, after the transfer, a judgement was won against X. Even though the property was no longer owned by X, the judgement holder listed the property as an asset to be encumbered through the judgment. We now cannot sell the property as several title companies have refused to process the transaction, stating that that lien/judgment has to be cleared. The delays have caused significant property damage and an inability to sell.

Because the judgment was won and recorded after we closed in 2023, we are not entitled to a title insurance claim. Trying to see what my options are here.

Thank you in advance!

0Reply
32 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Oconomowoc, WI · Member since 2016 · 996 posts · 431 votes
    11mo

    Rizzo & Diersent are very good real estate attorneys.  I've used them for multiple types of issues in real estate. I use Ron Diersen at the firm, but I'm unsure if he would be the title action person. 

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11mo

    Thank you very much!

  • Rental Property Investor · Oconomowoc, WI · Member since 2016 · 996 posts · 431 votes
    10mo

    @Eric Boshart You are most welcome! I hope they can help you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.