• Real Estate Professional
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
Brokers Agents, Attorneys.

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Posted May 23 2014, 00:05

Off market portfolios, 4 to be exact, licensed folks involved, how does a wholesaler get paid?

Nothing I have posted have them involved on seller's end, but other sellers are tied at the hip to them.

I have a package deal. Asking $4.M on my desk. Insofar as i am concerned and what I see, wholesaling rules apply on this one in Texas.

But, how to get the broker et. al., on the same page? And get paid?

The other 3 are in North Carolina and South Carolina. There are about 60 properties there that are on my desk as well.

What would you do? And how?

Looking for assistance to get these deals under some type of contract, including option to purchase! If I remember correctly, Options to Purchase can be assigned?

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Pro Member
#2 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied May 23 2014, 02:18

@Account Closed Sounds like you are discovering that brokering real estate deals requires a lot more than re posting someone else's listing on the internet.

As for the methodology, there are two ways to get paid as a 'middleman' in real estate deals. The first requires a real estate broker's or in some states salesman's license.

The other requires that the intermediary obtain a valid, executed earnest money contract for the property in question.

For commercial deals of any size the latter would most probably require a large earnest money deposit, proof of funds, and have a short 'due diligence' period. Sometimes with smaller properties, such as lower value sfr, a small deposit can be enough to 'tie up' the property in question.

Marvin, I admire your drive and persistence. However, to be successful in real estate, one needs substantial knowledge and experience. The basics in knowledge can be obtained from the course work for getting a real estate license. Also, there are a few decent books on real estate (most are garbage imo).

Without trying to sound discouraging, you need to spend some time gaining basic real estate knowledge before you can expect to earn any money as a 'deal maker' in the real estate arena.