• Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Atlanta Based Investor Looking For Acquisitions Manager

Marvin McTaw
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Sep 25 2015, 01:28

I am looking for an Acquisitions Manager for my growing real estate investing business. The Acquisitions Manager's primary responsibility is to help our team acquire inventory (houses) for the wholesaling business and my personal portfolio. This is primarily accomplished by talking with sellers over the phone and delivering offers. 

Responsibilities

Specific responsibilities include: 

• Talking with Sellers
  • Reviewing and preparing offers 
  • Delivering offers (primarily over the phone)
  • Getting agreements signed

Requirements

The Acquisitions Manager is primarily a consultative sales based position. This means you will not be giving a "hard sell" to anyone. You will offer a variety of options (e.g. cash purchase, structured sale, list with agent) and let the sellers choose what they want to do.  

• Be an active listener
  • Strong communication skills
  • Strong phone conversational skills
  • Strong consultative sales skills
  • Good analytical skills
  • Problem solver mentality
  • Reliable transportation
  • Full time commitment

What You're Not Responsible For

The Acquisitions Manager is not responsible for doing any of the marketing required to generate leads. The acquisitions manager is not responsible for selling any properties. The acquisitions manager is generally not responsible for pre-screening seller leads however you will need to verify collected information and in some cases probe deeper to create better solutions. 

Full Time Commitment 

You will need a full time commitment to be successful in this position. This commitment can be spread out to include the weekends and evenings but you absolutely must be willing to put in the time or you will not be successful. 

Virtual (80%)  / Travel (20%) 

The business operates in Cobb, Clayton, Fulton, Dekalb and Gwinnett counties. This job is primarily virtual (i.e. done over the phone and internet) but may require some traveling to get agreements signed and to inspect properties. Most documents are electronically signed via DocuSign. Some but not all property inspections can be done with local assistants. Due to this, you will need your own transportation. 

Key Performance Indicators

Your primary key performance indicator will be the number of offers delivered to sellers on a weekly and monthly basis. You will be expected to deliver 30 offers per week. 

Compensation 

Compensation for the Acquisition Manager is primarily commission and bonus based according to the following payment schedule

• 20% of net profits
  • Key Performance Indicator Bonuses (up to $2,500/mo)
  • Team Based Bonuses (based on organizational results)

We target $10,000 profit per transaction however actual profits will vary per deal. A more typical profit is around $6,000 but can be lower or higher. Most transactions close within two to three weeks however they can also take longer. You will be paid commissions for the current month by the the start of the following month (e.g. Commissions for properties sold in September will be paid in October).     

Additional Questions?

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me here on Bigger Pockets or apply for the position by clicking here.

Offering