• Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Real Estate Flip Coaching in Las Vegas by Experienced Flipper

Jesse Tsai
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Dec 5 2016, 23:17

Everyone is always looking for a mentor, and unfortunately some get duped into ridiculous $40k mentor scams.

I’ve always wanted to mentor someone, but never came across the right person. It also takes a time commitment, and I know I can’t mentor anyone in a meaningful way if I’m doing it for free.

While I have always offered bits of advice for anyone who needed help with flipping, online here at BP and local REIAs, and will continue to do so. I am now making myself available for paid flip coaching.  This is available in Las Vegas only.

My coaching will be extremely specific in scope. This ad will make you not want to do it. Its designed that way. I’m not here to paint a rosy picture of this profession, rather I want you to know the truth, and there to not be any surprises.

By the end of the program, you’ll have a strong understanding of every stage and step of flipping a property. I have a strong track record of success in flipping. I have flipped over 200 properties nationwide, including over 140 in the Las Vegas area. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage that experience to your advantage.

I am only teaching flipping by actually buying and investing in the properties. I’m not teaching no money down strategies, wholesaling, AITDs, flipping if you have no money etc. Though I will help with acquiring hard money.

Here is where I will help you:

Basic understanding of MLS deals, trustee sales, tax auctions, and online auctions.

Analysis of potential deal and its ARV

Estimation of rehab costs

Acquisitions and closing procedures

Property Intake Procedures

Interior design and rehab strategies

Property pre-market strategies and procedures

Marketing strategies and procedures

Closing and post-closing strategy and procedure.

My number one goal is to maximize your success.  Ill be your advocate, advisor, and coach. At every stage, I will tell you what I would do, why I would do it, and the methodology behind my thought process. This will still require work on your part. You will have to spend hours researching different concepts to get a deeper understanding of them. You’ll have the opportunity to spend many hours in my office shadowing me. You will spend dozens hours looking for a deal for yourself. You’ll may run into dozens of dead end leads before you find a deal. You may never find a deal at all. You will spend a lot of time driving properties, and driving them some more once you acquire one. You’ll have to make important decisions, and I will be there to guide your through them.

Key things to note / disclosures:

You can get everything I'll teach for free on BP. There are plenty of resources here, including tons of other flippers, including myself who will answer questions for free. There’s also free podcasts, low cost books, and 2 million forum posts. It might take you a lot more time, you may not get your specific question answered, but it is here for free. 

You won’t get rich doing this. Margins on flips in Vegas are low. There is still money to be made, but it’s harder, riskier, and more capital intensive than in the past.

Flipping is hard work. I don’t care what you learned HGTV and Flip Bros TV. This is hard work, things go wrong, and deals do not fall out of the sky. This takes a lot of grit, and most get discouraged and give up.

This will take a lot of money. You will need at minimum enough money to fund a HML down payment, 6-8 months of interest, holding costs, rehab costs, and reserve for screw-ups. Expect a minimum of $75k. I am willing to invest a significant amount of my own money (and JV) into the flip we select so I have skin in the game as well.

You need to be financially stable I won't coach you if I think I'm crossing ethical boundaries. I won't help you if you're broke and desperate, I won't help you if you need to max out a bunch of credit cards to get a HML down payment. I won't help you if I think you might get financially ruined or stressed. Ill still help with questions here, at REIAs etc for free. But I wont take your money.

I will not help with wholesaling, no money down, etc. This is for simple flipping only. Nothing creative here.

This is my first time coaching/mentoring. I have never taught anyone how to flip before for compensation. I have help many people at every stage for free, but never for hire. I am very an experienced flipper in Las Vegas, but I might be a really crappy teacher. You might not like my teaching style, I might be ineffective at communicating concepts, you might be ineffective at understanding concepts.

I might be a crappy teacher and you might lose money, even with my advice. Things might go wrong; The market might take a turn for the worse. I might overvalue a property, under estimate the rehab, and you might make a bad decision with my incorrect advice.  A lot of factors might cause you to lose a significant amount of money.

If you have a NV real estate license, you will be in a much better position to succeed at this. You'll already have some basic fundamental real estate knowledge, the ability to capture commissions, and MLS access. If you don't have a license, I can still help, but you will be at a significant disadvantage. If you’re seriously considering flipping, or any kind of REI, get a real estate license.

Ill teach my first couple students relatively inexpensively. As I’ve stated before, I’ve never taught anyone for hire before. While I am very confident in my experience, skills, and knowledge, I am flipper that is going to be a teacher and coach. I will do my best to help you succeed at flipping.

I’m open to other teaching methods. While I would prefer to teach on a student’s live flip, since the student will have a lot more interest when they have skin in the game, I am open to other suggestions. For example: teaching with one of my own flip properties.

Potential conflict of interest I am actively flipping in the market. The market is competitive. We might run into the same deals together, which brings me to:

Proprietary information on property acquisition: There is only one thing I consider to be trade secrets or proprietary. And that is sourcing deals. You will have to find your own potential deals. I will not find any for you. I will not help you find potential deals. I can give you a list of obvious sources to look (ie: trustee sale, MLS, tax auction). If you find a deal, and it isn't in my database, then it's all yours. I will help you analyze it, and acquire it and flip it. I will never touch that deal unless you expressly decline to invest in it yourself. But if it is a deal that I am actively pursuing, I can't help you with it.

In addition, I watch the MLS and tax sales like a hawk. If there is any deal, Im on it within minutes. So if you find a deal there, You'll likely be competing with me and I won't help you with it.

If after reading all this, you still want me to teach you how to flip, feel free to email me.

Offering

Loading replies...