Votes |
Equity/VC Investor Needed for Seed Investment

Marty Johnston
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Wauwatosa, WI
Posted Oct 21 2017, 08:05

BP PML's / Private Equity Groups

I've decided perhaps I'd open this up outside our Private Equity Firm Database to the interested investors here on BiggerPockets. I have a Restaurant/Tourism investment opportunity in Baton Rouge, LA in a Prime location. For disclosure purposes, I have not included the branding here. For interested investors, of course a full package can be disclosed. Here are some details on the project.

The sponsors are seeking an Equity Investor for $2M at 20%. or $4M for 40% and $6M in VC Debt. While I have a very detailed package including a Roll-out Schedule, Bio on all Executive Operators, Market Analysis, Conservative Projections etc, Here is a general description of the project. I can include the Business Plan, Executive Summary, and a doc with a link to one of the Character animations for the project to this e-mail.

The Project is a Restaurant concept. (More than just a Restaurant)

The sponsors are in need of an seeking funding for $10MM to launch the first of Louisiana exhibit restaurant, a Louisiana Cuisine that also promotes a fun family environment, tourism, and Children education. They currently have a Letter of Interest from another group who can bring in $6M in VC and $2M 20% Equity. We are seeking another $2M for 20% equity in the business. If a $4M Equity investment for 40% and $6M VC Debt investment is of more interest, we would absolutely entertain this as well. Approx $500K of Sponsor capital has been invested to date.

The Funds will be used as operating capital and to invest in this initial location as follows: land cost of $1.5 million, building cost of $1.26 million, FF&E of $580,000, operating expenses of $720,000, marketing expenses of $100,000, pre-opening costs of $150,000, pre-opening costs of $250,000, and other pre-opening expenses as legal, etc. $850,000 (detailed use of proceeds see Accountants' Assumptions / Use of Funding Proceeds).

Forecasts indicate that the first restaurant/HQ will generate sales revenues of up to $4.78 million and each other restaurant is capable of producing revenues of $3.39 million per year. Upon successful launch of the first location, the sponsors intend to pursue an aggressive roll-out strategy targeting specific favorable Southeast U.S. markets. Additional restaurants beyond this first location will require additional funding, so additional investment opportunities are there (26 additional restaurants).

Strengths: The Executive Leadership team for this project is unprecedented in terms of experience and success in this space and their industries. There is a full breakdown of the Team on pg 29 of the Business Plan which I will forward in an interested investor with the full package. This strong leadership team is a core strength of this project, as they all know success in not only conducting this Restaurant's operations, but also founding restaurants like this one, and launching some of the large conglomerate stores such as Dunkin' Doughnuts - and successfully doing so. Other Executive leaders come from Backgrounds at Disney, 5-star chefs from World-renown restaurants, third generation developers and leaders in the industry.

The project is more than just a restaurant, as they will also have a merchandise Store along with restaurant selling t-shirts, memorabilia , mugs, toys, fun educational material for children, etc. A breakdown of this is also detailed in the BP and ES. While $10MM may seem like a small investment, there is the large roll-out of the 26 additional Zat's Restaurant locations for further investment. There is also an immediate investment need for the animation that corresponds directly with/for the Restaurant concept which is seeking an additional investment of $15MM for the animations, which details will also be included in a larger package should you have further interest in this project. Animations have already been created by a Disney operator - Clips of these characters are available for viewing in the package via Youtube.

For any interested parties, please send me an e-mail at [email protected]. Or PM mere here on BP.

Thank you!

Marty J

Looking for