Votes
James Dickens
  • New Iberia, LA
Votes |
Looking to become a Syndication General Partner

James Dickens
  • New Iberia, LA
Posted Oct 3 2019, 09:53

I am looking to network and or join in as a General Partner with a group that is currently doing Multi-Family Syndication in the 100+ unit space, value add in any of the following areas.

• Eastern Texas (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi)
  • Louisiana
  • Southern Arkansas (Memphis, Little Rock)
  • Mississippi
  • South Western Alabama (Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile)
  • Florida Panhandle (Pensacola, Panama City)
  • Any cities in this area with population of 40k or more
  • This area is within about 350 miles of my home in South Central Louisiana (7-8 hour drive time at max distance)

I cannot currently bring any of my own personal money into a deal but I do bring a good credit rating with me. I have no fear when it comes to talking to others about Syndication and finding investors. I do have skills and experience that a Syndication may find useful. I would like to leverage these skills to help a team to push a Syndication through to completion and learn along the way.

List of skills and experiences:

• Created a deal analyzer/pro forma tool from scratch by reverse engineering several deal analyzer tools to customize it to my liking.
  • Created Sample Deal Plan examples from this build.
  • Not being satisfied that tool was the best, I completed Justin Kivel's (Break into CRE) Real Estate Pro Forma Modeling Master Class as well as the Real Estate Equity Waterfall Modeling Master Class. These teach you to build excel models from scratch for your investment deals.
  • Good understanding of many of the metrics used in deal analysis.
  • Better than average at using Excel and very familiar with many of the Microsoft products (SharePoint, Teams, Active Directory, Office).
  • For the past 13 years I have been leading a team of up to 15 people in my current W2 position.Created processes and procedures to aviation standard for fleet asset tracking and used by my team.Created process and training documentation for my department.
  • Involved with Software development as it pertains to a customized application built specifically for aviation asset tracking, auditing and management. Mostly centered around ESRI and ArcGIS Online. (I feel this so far is very underused in RE and could be a very useful data visualization tool).
  • Able to speak publicly with many instances on short notice dealing with customer audits, FAA audits and investigations, and facility tours.
  • Professional photographer with many assignments dealing with architecture and I had a one-year assignment with the Houston Apartment Guide doing on-site photography of Apartment Properties in the Houston Metro area (2000-2001).
  • Worked 3 years for various Carpet Cleaning services in both the Corpus Christi and Dallas Metro areas. Over that time, we served numerous Apartment Properties.
  • Looking forward to a point that I can replace my W2 job and become a true Investor.
  • For more information: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdickens1

I have been a Pro member on BP for the last 2 years trying to learn as much as I can and find what aspect of Real Estate I wanted to focus on. I have read several books on Multi-Family and Real Estate in General.

Due to my location and my current W2 its hard (not impossible) to get to meetups and do much face to face networking especially with Syndicators who are working in the Multi-Family space. So that is why I wanted to reach out here to see if I can make better connections and hopefully join in with a team that is actively working on one or more deals that I can be a part of.

My ultimate goal is to teach my daughter how to become an investor, so she doesn’t struggle through life like her parents have.

If you think I can be of service to your team, please send me a private message and I will respond as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Looking for

Loading replies...