Votes
Nate Costa
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Rhode Island Wholesalers Wanted****

Nate Costa
Posted Nov 7 2019, 12:52

BP Community! My friend and I are buy and hold investors and we are looking for wholesalers in Rhode Island. We are interested in multi families all over RI or single families in the East Bay. Does anyone know of anybody? Thank you for your help.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Thompson
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Replied Nov 7 2019, 13:28

@Nate Costa I've been known to wholesale a property here and there, have been doing so for 10+ years. But if you really want to get a list of them, I'd recommend going to a networking group like RIREIG or Black Diamond REI.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Costa
Votes |
Replied Nov 7 2019, 13:56

Thank you Anthony. I am part of RIREIG and will have to get involved with Black Diamond. I appreciate your response!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Thompson
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Replied Nov 7 2019, 14:54

No problem @Nate Costa. If you do network/connect with any wholesalers, just remember that wholesalers essentially want to know two things: 1) that you're a bona fide cash buyer (not someone trying to double wholesale their deal, or who needs to get a bank loan to close), and 2) that you're actually going to close.

#1 is essentially a variation of #2; actually going to close is the key factor. So, besides answering the question of whether you have cash in the bank or pre-approved private financing (no banks) already lined up, another thing that reassures wholesalers and makes them more willing to work with you is being able to point to a track record of closing on properties, especially properties that need work (which is the majority of the ones wholesalers are selling).

Just figured I'd pass on some tips from the other side of the table :D

User Stats

Votes
Nate Costa
Votes |
Replied Nov 8 2019, 06:39

@Anthony Thompson. I can't thank you enough, all great tips. I will continue the networking quest. The next RIREIG meeting is right around the corner. Thanks again.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Thompson
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Replied Nov 8 2019, 07:14

@Nate Costa my pleasure, glad to help 😊