I need a Realtor in Syracuse that can forward me leads. (+ more)

10 Replies

I intend on doing a partnership with a buddy of mine. We're both located in Brooklyn but we intend on buying a property out in Syracuse. We intend on going along with the buy and hold method to slowly build capital. I've been informed to search for the most reliable and the most trustworthy real estate agent AND contractor in the area (Northside neighborhood). I need to get a hold of several leads out there that are to be considered home run deals by said real estate agent. Not just a one base bunt. Any response would be much appreciated.

- Tomas Gonzalez

Good luck. Not a lot of realtors in the area that I've come across interested in putting that much work in for a house that will probably be $100k. You're better off putting effort into finding your own off market deals in my opinion.

@Tomás Gonzalez

You’ll need to do your homework and find the right real estate agent. Try cnyrealtor.com and look up the agent directory. There are a handful of investment agents, you’ll just have to find them and vet them.

Why are you picking the north side?

Originally posted by @Tomás Gonzalez :

I intend on doing a partnership with a buddy of mine. We're both located in Brooklyn but we intend on buying a property out in Syracuse. We intend on going along with the buy and hold method to slowly build capital. I've been informed to search for the most reliable and the most trustworthy real estate agent AND contractor in the area (Northside neighborhood). I need to get a hold of several leads out there that are to be considered home run deals by said real estate agent. Not just a one base bunt. Any response would be much appreciated.

- Tomas Gonzalez

I had good luck with https://deangelisrealestate.co...

I don’t know about the New York area, but in Washington DC metro area, there’s a lot of competition for the sort of deals you’re talking about. They go fast to cash buyers. As a realtor, I have been burned by Newby investors (who run me ragged during their due diligence, or say they have funds and then can’t find the deal once I find a great deal for them). Helping investors is a lot more work for an agent for a lot less commission. And agents are 100% Commission-based — we can’t afford to work for free. And sometimes we can’t even afford to work for a discount commission which is essentially what working for an investor produces. Real estate investing is not an passive activity. It’s not the job of your agent to serve up deals or do the analysis for you. That’s on you. All that being said, an agent who knows investing, has invested themselves, and has helped investor clients, is gold to find. And when you find someone to work for you with those qualities, pay the full commission due.

@Molly Walsh is absolutely fantastic and does almost 100% investor deals. The inventory is low all over and Syracuse is no exception. If you're ready to buy send her a message and she will start sending stuff your way. 

www.MollyTheRealtor.com

@Ruth Lyons I agree with your comments but I also expect more from an agent than putting my name in a database so that I get auto generated emails about properties that come on the market. What is helpful, especially if I’m not from the area, is information about the neighborhood and area that may make it favorable or not favorable to invest there.  A market analysis is also helpful so i can determine whether the property is fairly valued or if it will go over listing. I expect the agent to provide consultative advice so that I can make an informed decision. 

@Paul Mutch Thanks for your comments, Paul. Absolutely, your agent should provide consultation, and if they're an investor themselves and also work with other local investors, they will know the area, trends, values, etc. and be in the best position to provide great advice. As an agent, I also have the MLS which is rich with historical and current data I can and do mine to provide excellent service. And over the years, I've developed a network of local wholesalers with deals I share with my investor clients. I recommend investors find a great local agent and make them a part of your team. You should also expect to put in a sufficient amount of your time analyzing deals and not rely solely on your agent to do all the analysis for you. Sorry if I lead you to believe otherwise.