Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Tammy Muller
Votes |
RentalHero vs REI Hub Software

Tammy Muller
Posted Jul 1 2023, 19:17

In search of accounting software specific to real estate for tracking expenses of rental properties (including LTRs in LLC with property manager and self-managed STRs). In reviewing past forum posts, RentalHero and REI Hub have many positive comments. Simplicity and excellent customer support are important factors. Any pros/cons to share on RentalHero vs REI Hub?

User Stats

Votes
Sean O'Keefe
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 2 2023, 11:43

@Tammy Muller here are two great threads that cover the accounting software options and feedback thoroughly: 

BP -> Quickbooks or something else

BP -> Fav bookkeeping/accounting software

They don't mention either of these options, but that might be because RentalHero & REI Hub are full-blown property management software, and Quickbooks Online, Digb, and Stessa are accounting/tax software focused on real estate investors.

User Stats

Votes
Peter Mckernan
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jul 2 2023, 11:53
Quote from @Tammy Muller:

In search of accounting software specific to real estate for tracking expenses of rental properties (including LTRs in LLC with property manager and self-managed STRs). In reviewing past forum posts, RentalHero and REI Hub have many positive comments. Simplicity and excellent customer support are important factors. Any pros/cons to share on RentalHero vs REI Hub?

I would agree with Sean, Quickbooks, would be an easy way to go to build out with expenses etc. You will get the data as well on excel from Airbnb to track and put that into your Quickbooks or send that to the bookkeeper. 
  • Real Estate Agent Ca (#01968986)

The McKernan Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Nash
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • McKinney, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • McKinney, TX
Replied Jul 4 2023, 06:27

I have not used either as a CPA but just reached out to demo and discuss.  I’ll let you know what I think for what it’s worth. 

User Stats

Votes
Spencer Smith
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mesa, AZ
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mesa, AZ
Replied Feb 12 2024, 19:50
Quote from @Jeff Nash:

I have not used either as a CPA but just reached out to demo and discuss.  I’ll let you know what I think for what it’s worth. 

Any update?  What'd you think?