• West Sacramento, CA
Votes |
How to find financial adviser for retiring prop. investor

Henrik Lemos
  • Investor
  • West Sacramento, CA
Posted Apr 10 2017, 16:10

Hi folks,

I'm trying to help locate an appropriate financial planning/analyst resource. Someone with experience analyzing and making recommendations re: existing investment property portfolio... and making adjustments/recommendations for a retiree.

My mother is a lifelong property investor with over 15 (single family mostly) properties owned. The issue is she never had a retirement plan with regard to these properties (in the sense that traditional stock planning has one shift assets from growth to stability as one gets older). She always (and continues) to invest for long term ownership, breakeven cash flow, and not much else.

She's not going to listen to family (well into retirement age and refuses familial assistance with decision making). I need a resource (competent authority) that can analyze the properties, rents, loans, and whatever else... and make recommendations to do (whatever it takes) to generate retirement sustaining cash flow.

How do I find this professional? Every "financial planner" I talk to knows less than me about property investment and analysis. I don't know much.

Looking for someone preferably available face to face, in California, in the east bay (anywhere from Concord to Sacramento would be fine). Mom is an septuagenarian and not up for doing this exclusively over the Internet.

I wish I could say she could talk to her property manager... but she continues to do all of it herself.

I apologize in advance, you may see this query posted in a few forums. I'm desperate to help my mom generate, and move forward with, a plan... and I'm seeing a brief window of opportunity where she isn't completely closed to the idea (after many years of me trying to get info out of her).

Loading replies...