Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Personal Finance
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kade McCammon
  • Anchorage, AK
Votes |
Getting rid of my car because it is a liability

Kade McCammon
  • Anchorage, AK
Posted Aug 15 2017, 21:54
Hello Bigger Pockets community! So I'm still brand new to REI and just finished reading Set for Life and am now finishing rich dad poor dad and also just started finding and finding great deals. So I've made the decision to be financially free however there are some decisions I made previously that hinder my goals. The one I'm focusing on now is my current vehicle. I have a loan on it with a $23000 and it is probably only worth 20 on the private market and about 16-18 thousand to a dealer. So my question is it worth it to sell it to a dealer and just get a signature loan for 5 thousand max to get rid of the debt and save myself well over 15 thousand in the long run or just keep the car and continue to pay close to $400 a month and hurt my savings. I need to make a decision soon because I am leaving where I live now due to the military and may not be able to take the vehicle with me. I would plan on buying a commuter vehicle for 5 thousand or so once I move not another big loan. Also I don't have the money saved right now to pay off that difference or I would. But I will have the money saved up by the end of next year to completely pay off that 5 or so thousand if I keep saving the way I have recently started. Also how much will a signature loan effect my credit. Thank you guys. V/R Kade McCammon

Loading replies...