Looking for GREAT fee only financial advisor! Who do you love??

Looking for GREAT fee only financial advisor! Who do you love??

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 30 posts · 5 votes

Hello all,

Who do you know that is an excellent fee only non biased financial advisor.  Looking for someone great who I can ask general financial checkup and investing advice and also get help with a Sep or solo 401k because I'm self employed.  Thank you!!

0Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y
    Depending on the size of your portfolio/account (I know they have a minimum), Investor Solutions in South Florida is a fee-only investment firm. (Also, it was started by an Eastern Airlines pilot!)
  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 30 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Thank you Eliesa for your time to reply!  I was really looking for someone for my daughter and son in law.  My son in law is an independent in the film business.  I did not make that clear with the post.  I'm also hoping to find someone who has personal experience with the financial planner they suggest to confirm their experience and ability.

  • Financial Advisor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2017 · 502 posts · 508 votes
    8y

    If you don't get a personal recommendation, you may want to try the Find-an-Advisor tool from NAPFA.

    NAPFA is a professional association for fee-only advisors. The search tool can help you narrow down the field quite a bit.

    XY Planning Network has a similar feature, although I think there is significant overlap between the two tools (nearly all XYPN advisors are also NAPFA members).

    Best of Luck on Your Financial Journey!  (And to your Daughter/S-i-L, too!)

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 30 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Thank you Paul.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.